Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emmy's cackle!

I wish there was a way to post audio here.  Maybe there is...but I don't have any real audio to post.  Just a recorded memo on my cell phone.

This evening, Kenny was playing his little game with Emmy...same thing he did with both Sarah and Rebecca when they were babies.  I was sitting at the dining table with Sarah and Rebecca eating dinner when we heard Emmy start giggling.  It was such a glorious sound.  She has the sweetest little laugh.  Who am I kidding...it's not little at all.  She was laughing her butt off!  It was so cute...reminded me of the laugh that both Sarah and Rebecca had when they were babies.  They still laugh like that sometimes...when you tickle them just the right way!

I grabbed my cell phone because I knew it had the ability to make a recording of her laughing.  It's such a sweet sound.  It will be great to have along with me next week while I am in California.  I'm only going to be gone for a couple days...but I'm sure it will feel like forever.

So back to the laughter.  It started out with Emmy laughing at Kenny's game.  Then, Sarah and Rebecca started to get in on the fun.  They were able to get her laughing too.  I loved watching them make her laugh...and listening to all three of my girls all laughing, giggling and playing.  I hope they stay that way when they get older. 

I'm sure there will be times that Emmy irritates her sisters.  They will be "tweens" when she is their age.  Oh lord....they're actually going to be that age!  Yuck.  I don't even want to think about the fact that Sarah and Rebecca will eventually be 11 and 12 years old.  They're going to want to do whatever it is that girls that age will be doing in 5 years and Emmy's going to want someone to play Barbies with.  The big question will be whether or not Sarah and Rebecca play Barbies with Emmy....I hope so for Emmy's sake.

No comments: