Saturday, September 15, 2012

Writer's Block

So I'm sitting here at 11:30 with the urge to write something...but I can't think of anything to write. This sucks! I was never one for writing things when I was in school. I always dreaded doing reports for the most part. Didn't mind the factual things too much...it was the creative...or off the cuff type things that I never thought I was very good at. Some how...I've changed. I guess it's a maturity thing. I have come to the realization that it really doesn't matter what others think of the things I write. I'm doing it for myself...and just sharing it with all of you...on the off chance that you give a rat's patoot (that is how you spell patoot isn't it?). So anyway...since I am no longer being graded on the content or format of the things I write...I can pretty much do what I want...which is good.

This whole thing started because I wanted to get my thoughts out of my head about something that was very disturbing to me. Since then...I've written more than I thought I would. Some things were hard to write because of the memories that were brought back to the forefront. In hindsight though, I think that was a little therapeutic. Hey, spell check didn't ding me on that...I got it spelled right the first time!

This is awful weird...writing about having nothing to write about. How does that work exactly? Who knows...but I'm going to run with it.

So I started this post about 18 months ago and never finished it. Here I am....with the same stinkin' problem. I want to put something "on paper" and have nothing in my head to write about.

I started a post the other night...but it reads like a time line of just basic crap. Not really interesting...even to me.

No comments: